9 tbsp Whole milk powder
3 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch baking soda
5,6 Green cardamom seeds powder
1 tbsp clarified butter
4 tbsp greek yogurt or whole milk yogurt
2 cups sugar
1 cup water
Part I – Simple sugar syrup (Has to be ready before Jamuns)
1) Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in one cup water,rest of the cardamom, a pinch of saffron0 and boil the mixture.
1) Mix together milk powder,all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder half of the cardamom powder, clarified butter and slowly add yougurt to the mixture. Do not knead the dough too tight.
2) Rub some butter on the palm of your hand, so that the dough won’t stick to your hand while rolling Jamuns.
4) Deep fry the jamuns on low heat till they turn light brown in color. DO NOT FRY THEM ON HIGH HEAT or else only the out side will be cooked and they will get hard when you soak them in sugar syrup.
5) Soak all the jamuns in syrup until they expand.
1)Heat them till first boil. You will see the size of the jamuns increasing in syryp during the boiling.
2)Before serving , soak the jamuns at least for 5-6 hours