2 lbs Frozen spinach
1 tbsp chana dal soaked in water for about an hour
1 onion diced
1 onion chopped
2 tomatoes chopped
1 inch ginger
1 garlic clove
1 Green chili
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp Cumin
200 gms paneer cubed and shallow fried
2 Tbsp heavy cream (optional)
Few drops of lime juice
1) In a pressure cooker add spinach, chana dal, diced onions,chili, tomatoes, ginger and garlic clove with little water. Cook it till 1 whistle. DO NOT OVER COOK.
2) Once cooled mash the mixture with hand mixer. Keep it aside.
3) In kadhai heat oil and temper it with cumin.
4) Add chopped onions. Saute till transparent.
5) Pour the palak mixture on heated oil and jeera.
6) Add garam masala and cook for another 2 min.
7) Add fried paneer and salt
8) Finish the recipe with adding heavy cream and chopped coriander
9) Once the flame is turned off sprinkle few drops of lime juice to give the extra touch