1) 1/2 cup green peas boiled and mashed
2) 1/4 cup grated carrot
3) 1/4 cup grated cabbage
4) 1/4 cup finely chopped green beans
5) 6-7 medium sized potatoes boiled and mashed
6) 1/4 cup grated beet root ( optional)
7) 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger and garlic and 1 tsp of chopped green chilies
8) 1 tbsp Pav bhaji masala or 1/2 tbsp of Garam masala
9) 1 tsp Chaat masala
10) 2 tsp lemon/lime juice
11) Handful of chopped coriander
12) 1 Tbsp corn starch
13) Samolina or bread crumbs for coating
14) Oil for shallow frying
1) In pan heat 1tbsp oil and saute chopped garlic, ginger and green chilies
2) Saute all the veggies except potatoes starting with carrot and cabbage since it takes longer to cook.
3) Add all the dry masalas and let it cook for a min.
4) Add constarch
5) Add salt and mashed potatoes.
6) Turn off the heat and then add lemon juice.
7) Once the stuffing is cooled down make cutlets in any shape you like, most popular is ‘HEART’
8) Coat each cutlet with either semolina or breadcrumbs and shallow fry till golden brown.
9) Garnish with salad leaves and onion rings and serve with Green chutney or tomato ketchup.
You can add any other veggies of your choice like grated zuccini,spinach, even arugula.